September 04, 2006

Cell-less in Bomarillu

Continuing on the movie theme, this weekend it was Bommarillu.

The movie does not have single cell phone!!! Not as part of the plot, not as part of the fashion accessories, not even part of any frame!! (I'll have to re-see the movie to be absolutely sure of the last...)

 

I mean, its not like the story or the context can't have a cell phone. It just chooses not to! All you see are sleek cordless phones in the rich hero's house and an regular BSNL type phone in the not-so-rich heroine's house. And all other characters manage just fine without once reaching for the mobile. And all this where the plot is being moved along pretty much by phone conversations.

 

Nice touch!

 

1 comment:

Manasvini said...

I take back my words - someone pointed out to me that there is a phone afterall - with the college lecturer.

too bad... thought I'd stumbled on something cool!!