May 01, 2006

This summer is Enid Blyton rediscovery time. Who Enid Blyton?? EEEnid Blyeeeton... that's who! And if you don't know, wiki help you!! For the lazy, Enid Blyton is staple reading diet from ages 9 through 12 of "convent-types" in Indian cities. Others also maybe, I wouldn't know.

And I willingly, even fondly introduced my daughter to the flagship items - Secret Sevens, Famous Fives and the Malory Towers. It's amazing the books continue to enthrall. I mean, enthrall barely begins to describe it. The girl's addicted to them. She reads them cover to cover, her pace only limited by the number of books her library (or I) will allow her to borrow at a time. That's pretty much how I remember my romance with E Blyton.

<

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha.....
I once read the naughtiest girl in class(or whatever it was)- IN GEOGRAPHY CLASS,HIDDEN UNDER THE DESK......
took me a month to cajole the Prof to give it back to me
http://tomlinsonian.livejournal.com/
(Dont update it often enough)